This Fokker type was the successor of the Fokker E.V. It come into service during the last months of the war, which explains why only a limited number were operational.
It was mainly used as a fighter but also fulfilled observation flights.
Our replica is built at original size and powered by a Continental W-670 engine producing some 220hp. For years, the aircraft was part of the Ryder's Replica Fighter museum in Alabama. It was bought by the Stampe Museum in 2000 and ferried to Antwerp airport. It is the only one-winged aircraft in the collection.
In the summer of 2002 it was damaged during landing, when it's brakes blocked and the aircraft overturned. By November 2005 the volunteers of the museum had it back into flying condition. During the restoration a new colour scheme was applied.
It now proudly bears the colours used by Albert Van Cotthem, a Belgian pioneer, who bought a similar aircraft after the war and used it for demonstration flights during the Olympic games of 1920.